investigative, design drawing
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Painting vs. Sketching:
A four day workshop on Lopez Island and painting every day was an incredible experience. Switching gears from line to shape, from content
to form, learning value and local colors. Whew!
All about connecting, not about controlling.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Inspiring Creativity: 9 Tips to Be More Creative
1: Get Out There: Creativity is fueled by experiences, sights, sounds and smells.
2: Create a Ritual: Maintain a certain pattern to the day, work with a fresh mind and spirit.
3) Put it to Bed: Jot down notes every night before bed.
4) Divide and Conquer :Have a box labeled for each different project.
5) A Place for Everything: Keep a different sketchbook for different topics and ideas.
6) Keep it Handy: Throw these sketchbooks all over the place.
7) Sharpen Your Focus: Heightening a sense of awareness by narrowing my focus on one thing.
8) Change it Up: Doing things differently helps.
9) Practice, Practice, Practice: Creativity is like a muscle that you need to flex regularly.
notes from etsy.com